Thursday, May 8, 2008

Machine Wash Cold

so I found these two thoughts on washing clothes in cold water:
Set your water temperature to "cold" on your clothes washer. Unless your clothes have oil or grease stains, cold water is usually adequate to clean white and colored clothes. In fact, washing clothes in cold water allows fabrics to retain their color and strength longer.

Hot water tends to make some clothing shrink, wrinkle, and fade.

Cold water allows fabrics to retain their color and strength longer. Hot water will shrink, wrinkle , and fade clothing so in the washing machine of my life I'd prefer you follow the instructions on the tag; machine wash cold. I would much prefer to keep the vibrant colors I was given, as well as the strength, to continue to show them when someone forgets to follow the instructions and put me in the Hot cycle. Because we all know there is someone in every family that throws all the dirty clothes in one load regardless of color or regard to what the setting was last one. So sometimes clothes will shrink a bit, maybe slightly fade. But garments tend too over time. And if you take care you can protect your most favorite items. And hey there's always a warm or low iron to get the occasional wrinkle out.

4 comments:

Carletta said...

I wondered how you would explain your blog titles!
Very clever!

Anonymous said...

mine is here

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Carletta said...

My post is at Carletta's Captures.