Monday, November 19, 2007

Empty boxes

Lost... I'd say that's the best way to describe how I feel right now, a bit confused on what I should be doing with myself.

I tried to go see my boyfriend Saturday but I'm not on the list yet so I couldn't see him. After talking to a friend I was also informed that the jail does not distribute mail on the weekend. So it will probably be later today or tomorrow before he gets my letter with my phone number in it. So I don't know if he's expecting to have an attorney present with him today or not. My thoughts are it's really not a big deal. The idea behind the attorney was to keep him out of jail. By the time he's done with court he'll have served whatever time the judge gives him. He's supposed to have court today but I don't know if they'll actually take him over or not. I tried to call this morning to make sure they knew but I've decided most the people in the jail are a lost cause as far as being helpful or even competent at times.

I thought for a minute he had called this weekend, but turns out it was one of his friends. They were going to stop by but didn't know where I lived. We talked for a few minutes and the one part of the conversation that sticks with me was that he was sorry. He was the first (at least of his friends) to acknowledge that I wasn't in the best of places either.

So I spent most of the weekend watching the horrible local programming and attempting to clean. I got a lot of the wash finished. I still have like one or two loads left. Slowly but surely I'm getting through the boxes. I've yet to be able to embrace the minimalistic idea. I have five shoe box size containers full of candles. Some that I know are like seven or more years old. I did get rid of a few things, and few here could be defined as five to ten small items. But I'm trying. All the baby stuff did get but into the baby's room though. I have a lot of cleaning to do, but don't particularly enjoy being in the house alone. And when I get worn out or tired I'm not to sure what to do. Needless to say the default answer is call my mom and talk about what boxes I've gone through and how many are left.

No comments: